We will be racing to zero emmsions by 2050 !
On the 20th of February 2022 we made a pledge to the Race To Zero via the network Net Zero Community to decrease our emissions by 50% by 2030 and become net zero by 2050. We are passionate about providing premium sustainable products so we can complete dream kitchens and bathrooms whilst supporting the planet.
As a signatory member of the Network Net Zero Community, we have committed to the following:
1. For our company to achieve Net Zero in line with the Science-Based targets set out by the UNFCCC i.e., to achieve Net Zero no later than 2050 and target a 50% reduction in emissions by 2030.
2. To set realistic short and long-term targets that are designed to achieve our Net Zero commitments.
3. To report the total Greenhouse Gas emissions of our business regularly and for our performance to be part of the communities annual reporting back to the UNFCCC.
Short term for the next 12 months
• Renewable Energy Procurement – continued procurement of low carbon tariff.
• 100% Green Gas procurement – when current gas contract is due for renewal look to source 100% green gas from a supplier. Carbon saving: 8,276.48kg.
• Start to measure employee commuting and incorporate within footprint.
• Start to measure purchase of materials like paper and plastic and incorporate within footprint.
• Start to measure waste and incorporate within footprint.
• Engage with staff on Net Zero commitment, offer training on being more energy efficient in day to day work.
• Install LED lighting where possible and ensure equipment is shut down properly after use.
Medium term for the next 36 months
• Explore and invest in renewable technologies, such as Solar PV & Battery Storage (carbon Saving subject to size of system).
• Create employee incentives for green travel/zero carbon miles e.g. walk to work days.
• Electrification of company owned vans when leasing term is up (carbon Saving 1,523.23kg).
• Investigate own supply chain – engage with biggest contributors and begin to collect relevant data on emissions from both upstream and downstream related activities. An example would be raw materials brought into site for day-to-day operation
long term - 2050 at latest
• Use high quality & verified offsetting schemes or carbon removal technologies to eradicate residual emissions within organisation. Look to source from South-west UK schemes back by Woodland Carbon Code.
Our commitment to Race To Zero Emissions is reported on the Network Net Zero Website. Use the button below to view our pledge. Please note we will be named as EMX Dynamics.
Alongside our pledge, we also continue to maintain everyday processes to decrease our carbon footprint. Such as…
Did you know most tiles are imported from either China or Italy? This can dramatically affect the carbon footprint. Choosing a local UK based company is much better for the environment as well as supporting our economy.
P.s All of our splashbacks are made in our Devon workshop so the only miles it covers is to your front door!
We use a specialised design process that encases the pigment between two reinforced sheets to ensure the splashback looks beautiful for longer. This makes the splashback less likely to crack like tiles or warp like other splashbacks. Our splashbacks are also easy to clean with only warm soapy water, no harsh chemicals are needed to scrub grouting.