Discover how to transform your home with our Top 5 ways to decorate your home with copper.
Did you know that colour can make you happier? According to several studies, colour can improve your mood and a well-designed home can easily become your happy place. Maybe that explains why we’re seeing a huge spike in the use of copper in home décor. Copper has become one of the most popular materials for home décor over the last year, so it makes sense that more and more people want to incorporate it into their interior design plans. From copper accessories to copper feature walls, there are many ways to incorporate this gleaming metal into your home.
What is Copper?
Copper is a red-orange-hued meterial that is quickly becoming a home décor staple across the globe. From light fixtures to entire walls, more and more people are incorporating copper in their lives. However, not all copper is as it seems. Pure copper is quite soft and malleable. You can quite easily bend it into any shape you want. Because of this, the copper you’re buying for your home will likely be a copper composite.
There are several copper composites available for purchase. Many higher-end items will be made with aluminium, creating a hard composite that still retains the shine we associate with both metals.
Other items may be copper-plated, meaning the item is made from one metal (zinc is common) and then dipped in melted copper to get a thin outside layer that makes the item appear like it’s made from a copper composite.
Regardless of which copper you bring into your home, you will enjoy its stunning colour—ranging from a burnt sienna to a pinkish-orange—and instant warmth. It can make any room go from drab to fab in just a few minutes. This is why we’ve created this list to help you jump on one of the biggest home trends: copper home décor and interior design.
One of the most popular methods to incorporate copper into your home is with accessory accents. Accessories can include anything from fixtures to mugs, and they are an excellent tool to get some colour into any room. One of our favourite methods is the use of copper to make coffee tables and desks, creating stunning furniture pieces that give a modern retro upgrade to any room in your house.
If you’re not quite ready to take the plunge into copper décor around your home permanently, consider adding it as an addition to your home during certain times of the year, such as using copper ornaments on your Christmas tree or adopting them for Halloween in the form of copper pumpkins. There is an assortment of copper accessories on the market that can allow you to create a festive environment.
Don’t limit yourself to only using metal copper items. As the colour increases in popularity, more and more home décor brands are taking the time to incorporate copper into their designs. Throw pillows and blankets are popular copper-coloured items that allow you to give the illusion of having copper throughout your home without needing to track down metal items. There are fabric items in nearly every copper shade as well, meaning you can match any items you may already have.
One of the most overlooked places when it comes to interior design is the bathroom; however, it’s the perfect room to give a modern update with copper. There are numerous ways you can incorporate copper into your bathroom, including:
- Copper fixtures – Your sink and shower both need water controls, so why not look to use copper in your remodel? Copper allows you to create a beautiful wash area without worrying about how it will look in a couple of months like the more-commonly used brass fixtures. As an added bonus, copper is incredibly easy to clean and resistant to gunk build-up.
- Light fixtures – Copper is quickly becoming a staple for light fixture designers, with shades in numerous copper colours allowing for a focal point in your bathroom.
- Bathroom Splashback – Keep your bathroom easy to clean with minimum grouting by adding classical, stylish splashback. A copper bath splashback is an excellent home improvement idea, creating a modern, sleek bathroom in just a few hours when you use a Custom Splashback. Whether you decide to put your splashback behind your sink or tub (or both!) is up to you, but you’ll enjoy the luxurious results that come with incorporating copper into your home.
Copper kitchen décor is one of the most popular methods for incorporating copper into your home. Due to a kitchen’s size, there are numerous places you can fit copper in, including:
- Pots and pans – Your cooking utensils don’t need to be thrown into a cupboard never to see the light of day until you need them for Sunday Roast. Instead, get creative and upgrade your kitchen with a display rack with copper pots and pans. Because copper is an excellent heat conductor, many stainless steel cookware will have a copper bottom as well, meaning you can easily utilise everything you put on your rack while enjoying the warmth that comes with copper.
- Kitchen splashback – Kitchen design integrally includes a splashback, and there’s nothing more beautiful than a kitchen splashback made from copper. Because of the metials versatility, you can get quite creative with your copper kitchen splashback ideas, ranging from entire walls in the beautiful metal or one behind your sink or stove.
- Copper decor – From mugs to decorative plates, you can let your imagination run wild. You can easily display your items in your kitchen or go so far as to completely outfit your kitchen in copper with the exclusive use of copper flatware and dishware. Crisp white or deep navy tablecloths give a luxurious finish when paired with copper in a table setting.
Although we are not averse to the idea of a completely copper home, it’s probably not feasible for most people to use nothing but copper. Some popular colour palettes for copper include:
- Copper and Navy – Going off the colour wheel, this combination wins in most people’s books. From copper wall art against a blue feature wall to copper and navy pillows, this combination produces a classic vibe that anyone will love.
- Copper, Black and White – This ultra-modern look is perfect for those who want to make sure their copper items really pop. By combing copper with neutrals, you are creating a one-of-a-kind home that looks stylish and chic anytime of the year.
- Copper and earth tones – If you want a tranquil, relaxing space, earth tones may be the right choice for your home. Forest greens, chocolate browns and copper can make an excellent room for decompressing.
- Copper and Teal – This bold, bright colour combination is perfect if you want to feel like you’re hanging off the coast of Spain or exploring Morocco every time you enter your home. This bright and cheerful colour combination is a staple for a reason: it can’t help but increase your mood.
We have to admit this is for the person who REALLY loves copper and plans to make it an integral part of their home design. Copper feature walls are quickly becoming one of the top interior trends for those who want a modern look in their home. Some people go all out, decking their whole wall in copper. Others utilise frames, shelves and pipes to create their copper feature wall. We’ve also seen some great copper arches that are the perfect feature piece or room transition.
Copper feature walls frequently use an assortment of different types of copper, ranging from different finishes or shapes, but they can also be a single sheet of copper on a wall.
Working with and incorporating copper in your home may be one of the best interior design decisions you make in your home. Copper accents are an excellent way to uplift and add a luxurious feeling to your home. If you really want to take the plunge, consider getting a copper feature wall. Whether you decide to go with accessory accents, bathroom chic, kitchen décor, creative colour palettes or a feature wall, we would love to see your interior creations. Ready to get started on your copper design journey? Check out our custom copper splashback here.
Thanks for reading our top 5 ways to decorate your home with copper!
Follow us on Social media or sign up to our mailing list to keep updated on the latest deals and interior trends.
This Blog Contains:
- Top 5 ways to decorate your home with copper
- Copper designs
- Interior trends
- Kitchen design
- Bathroom Design